The Machine Dynamics Laboratory (MDL) team at Aristotle University is known internationally for its research activities and publications in the area of dynamics and control. Specifically, the members of MDL are actively involved in determination of dynamic response, vibration, stability, optimization, parametric identification, fault detection, control and fatigue of mechanical systems. To achive this, MDL is equipped with state-of-the-art computational and experimental facilities and its members are heavily engaged in funded research projects, in cooperation with other academic and industrial teams with similar interests in a national and international level.Laboratory Director:
Teaching and Research Personnel:
Special Laboratory Teaching Staff:
- Paraskevopoulos, E., "Theoretical and Numerical Studies on Mechanical Systems Subject to Bilateral and Unilateral Motion Constraints"
- Passas, P., "Numerical Study on Complex Mechanical Systems with Equality Motion Constraints"
- Ntinopoulos, I., "On Dynamics of Large Scale Multibody Systems"
- Costas Germakopoulos, Mech. Eng., “Advanced Nonlinear Model Predictive Control for Unattended Aerial Platforms”
- Garyfallos Gianakoudis, Mech. Eng., “Optimal control theory approach in multi-echelon processing, inventory and distribution networks”
- Panagiotis Kazepidis, Chem. Eng., “Optimal design and control of CO2 capture with phase change solvents”
- Michalis Babaou, Chem. Eng., “Modeling, optimization and control of bio-oil hydrogenation”
- Alexandros Kafetzis, Chem. Eng., “Design and control of energy storage systems”
Dynamics. Mechanical Vibration and Machine Dynamics. Structural Dynamics. Numerical Methods in Vibration of Mechanical Systems. Automatic Control. Digital Control of Dynamic Systems. Optimal Control of Dynamic Systems. Design and Optimization of Processes. Experimental Methods in Machine Dynamics. Calculus Ι, II. Linear Algebra. Ordinary Differential Equations.
Erasmus Mundus Master’s Programme in Turbomachinery Aeromechanics-THRUST
- Advanced Dynamics and Vibration
- Advanced Control in Structural Dynamics
- Structural dynamics and vibration of linear and nonlinear systems: prediction of free vibration and forced response by analytical, numerical and experimental methods.
- Analysis, synthesis, stability and control of mechanisms and multi-body dynamic systems.
- Mechanics of solids: determination of displacement, strain and stress fields in structures by means of analytical, numerical and experimental methodologies.
- Automatic control: advanced model predictive control systems for process and mechanical systems, integrated system design and control, sensitivity analysis in optimization problems, and modelling, design, optimization and control of complex process and energy conversion systems.
- Nonlinear dynamical systems: Dynamical systems, ordinary and partial differential equations. Nonlinear waves. Localized phenomena. Homoclinic and heteroclinic phenomena. Nonlinear optics
Computational Systems: Rack Mounted Cluster, HP Blade C7000 8 HP Proliant BL460 with 2 Quad-Core E5310, 16GB RAM, Centos 5.1 1 HP StorageWorks SB40 with 6x140GB HD HP xw8200, Intel Xeon 3.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, Mandriva Linux 2005 Πειραματικός Εξοπλισμός:
- Accelerometers (45) of different types (±2g to ±50g) - Kistler Instrumente AG. Dynamometers (2) of different types (2kN to 5kN) - Kistler Instrumente AG. Displacement transducers LVDT (3) - LUCAS. Vibration microphones (2) - PCB. Strain gauges - HBM.
- Impact hamers (2) of 5kN and 10 kN, 6.5Hz - Kistler Instrumente AG.
- System for measurement of modal characteristics of large structures (natural frequencies, modal damping and mode shapes).
- Electrodynamic shaker system - Labworks Inc.
- data acquisition systems - National Instruments (N.I.), SCXI 1001 (multiplexing chassis to 96 channels) - N.I., SCXI 1000DC (multiplexing chassis to 32 channels) with accelerometer module conditioner of 8 channels (4X Ν.Ι. SCXI 1531) and strain gauges module conditioner of 8 channels (6X Ν.Ι. SCXI 1520).
- Different types of Dynamic Signal Acquisition (A/D converters PCI, USB, PCMCIA,Wireless, CDAQ) - National Instruments.
- Experimental test structures, like a ground vehicle model with high modal density plus four supporting substructures with strongly nonlinear action and simpler models, used for research and teaching.
Laboratory of Machine Dynamics, Building E14 (12d-Mech. Eng.), 3rd Septemvriou str.- A. U. Th. Campus. Phone No.: (+30) 2310 99 42 21 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org